Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day one


After Patricia's graduation party last night, I didn't get to sleep until well after midnight. I got up this morning and hit the road at 7:56 am. Since I didn't get much sleep, I figured I'd just go until I got tired and then call it a day. I'll worry about the Iron Butt later. I did do over 650 miles today though.

I stopped once around Kalamazoo for a rest room break, then for gas in Michigan City Indiana. I didn't stop again until about 8 miles from Iowa, and that was just for fuel and bathroom break as well. As I was heading west on I-90 in Minnesota, the setting sun was too much. So I pulled over and got a Super 8 room in Austin, MN for the night. After I do a brief update here, I'm hitting the sack so I can get up early and get back on the road.

I still have to download the video from the helmet cam and then edit it before I post some clips, so that may or may not be done tonight. If not, I'll make sure to get some of it posted tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave good to hear from you. Have a safe ride oh Bodacious one. I'll check in later, sorry I missed your call. Later. rw