Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's getting closer


Today is Wednesday. My trip starts on Sunday. There's so much to do before then. Patricia (my girlfriend) is having a graduation party Saturday (which is why I'm not leaving until Sunday) and we have to get the house and yard ready for that. She graduated from Wayne State University with a degree in Mortuary Science.

OK...let's get back on track here. My Kontour Seat arrived last week. I haven't had the opportunity to go for any long rides since I installed it, but so far it seems way more comfortable than the stock seat as well as the Sargent seat that was on the bike when I bought it. If the seat does what it's supposed to do, I'll be riding in luxury...but more importantly...I won't get Monkey Butt!

I also installed my Piia HID driving lights. I opted not to install them under the faring like most people do with Halogen 11xx Piias. These lights are a little bit bigger and the suspension travel would have been impaired. BMW of Denver has some really cool mounts for the GT that places the lights under the mirrors. They even move the mirrors outboard about a half inch for better viewing. That's a good thing for me because my shoulders are quite wide and can get in the way of seeing behind me.

I've been playing with the helmet cam and digital recorder and have learned how to edit the video into manageable size and add music to make it more interesting. One thing I plan to do is make a video of me crossing all 48 state lines. We'll see how that turns out later.

I'm kind of worried about the fires out west and the hurricanes down south. There's not much I can do about them, except detour around the fires and wait out the hurricanes. Not a big deal, but I start classes on the 18th of September, so I don't want to lose too many days.

OK, enough for now. I have work to do in the yard.

3 comments:

Kinae said...

Grammar Nazi Amy writes:

loose /lus/
adjective, loos•er, loos•est, adverb, verb loosed, loos•ing.
–adjective
1. free or released from fastening or attachment: a loose end.
2. free from anything that binds or restrains; unfettered: loose cats prowling around in alleyways at night.
3. uncombined, as a chemical element.
4. not bound together: to wear one's hair loose.



lose /luz/
verb, lost, los•ing.
–verb (used with object)
1. to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery: I'm sure I've merely misplaced my hat, not lost it.
2. to fail inadvertently to retain (something) in such a way that it cannot be immediately recovered: I just lost a dime under this sofa.
3. to suffer the deprivation of: to lose one's job; to lose one's life.

Dave said...

Amy, I fixed my typo. Anything else I can do for you, Mistress?

Anonymous said...

Patty - congratulations on completing your degree! I know sometimes it seems as if the light at the end of the tunnel was never going to be reached. Hope we will be able to see you down here in the South some day.

Joan